Materials: how to revert to original material?

Hello all

Let’s say I edited several materials on a model imported from, say, Sketchup.
Now I would like to reset one of those materials to the default one, the one which came when I originally imported the model (because it has a complex UV which isn’t replicable in D5).
In Lumion, for instance, it’s possible to reset to the imported material (the one which was exported from Sketchup).

Hi mate,

The current logic for synchronizing materials via direct read [update model] is that:

1. Once imported, all materials are no longer modified by the material parameters in the modeling software.
  2. Only the material with the new material name will be re-synced as a new material, i.e. the updated model will only recognize the new material name.

The most efficient way to revert to a material in the modeling software is to rename your material in the modeling software and then update/re-sync the model.

1 Like

Ah that’s a clever workaround indeed. :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

What about it working the other way? I edited materials in D5 but then saved those objects into a different skp model then reimported. They revert back to original parameters even though there are still some objects in original with same name and changed parameters. I have not changed any material names in skp. Only in D5

Thanks,
-J