Make Last Applied Texture Active for Modification

When a new texture/asset is applied, it would be more efficient to have this texture be immediately active for modification in the material editor.

Currently, when a new texture is applied, D5 Render will default to a previously applied or random texture in the material editor; so we have to escape from the asset application process and reselect the material in order to change its properties.

Of course, if we are applying a new texture, it’s always going to be this one we want to change. Not a previously applied/random texture.

Here’s an example of what I mean:

I select the White Wall [Color D01]…

I go to apply ‘European Pattern Ceramic’ to the White Wall…

D5 Render automatically selects the Blue Floor [Color H02] immediately after I apply material. Not good!

Now I have the Blue Floor selected…

I’ve selected Red Mud Pottery material…

I’ve applied the material and D5 Render makes it immediately available in the material editor, which is good!

But it’s inconsistent, as I’ve now selected a White Ceramic material and…

after applying the material it automatically defaults back to the Red Mud Pottery floor.

So as you can see, this inconsistency can cause a lot of additional and unnecessary selecting of materials. I think the material being applied is the one which should appear in the material editor by default.