Light source radius

Why the light source radius in the tutorial can go higher than 50. Mine is limited to 10

Hello, could you give a link to the tutorial? Sorry, this parameter should be limited to 10 :laughing:,
I do not know why he/she can set it to 50

Hi Oliver. Here’s the link. It is an official tutorial on D5’s website. Start on 5:04 of the video

I really like how she can increase the radius to that level. It’s like between overcast and sunny.

Hi, this is an old version of D5 render. But I have shared this with our team as a request. We will modify the setting later.

Hi @Oliver.J , is this feature going back on future updates? Can I ask why remove such feature?

Hello kcda, sorry, for now, we do not have a plan to bring it back. Because last year we found when the value is over 10, the effect is not good and accurate, so we make it limited at the maximum of 10. As for the effect of real life, 10 should be enough… :pensive:
I moved this topic to Ideas category so others can vote for it, and we have recorded this request as I mentioned before, thanks for your understanding.