Light features

At the moment the D5 lights have only one geometric shape: rectangular
The workaround consists to build 3d geometry and import it in D5 but it won’t be parametric, will not have a target, etc.

I’d like to have different shapes and behaviour:
#01 Rectangular and circular or disk (with adjustable radius) + target
#02 Visible light shape. I need to see the physical shape of the light as a plane or disk.
#03 Procedural texture option. I need to apply gradients as textures. The gradients must be linear or circular.
#04 Back sided light. The light direction can be swapped without rotate it.
#05 Double sided light. The light is emitted on both directions (normals).
#06 Visible intersection of light shape while intersecting itself with geometries. At the moment it’s almost impossible to precisely move a light near a wall, a floor or a ceiling. Without the visible 3d intersection with geometries we always see the light shape not touching the surfaces. We understand the light intersects with a surface only if we slight move it and the light turns off.
#07 Visible ies web shape. At the moment we can’t precisely orient an asymmetrical ies light because we don’t have the wireframe web distribution as reference.

Regards

1. You can try Stage Light and customize the Gobo type.

And we will bring more types of light sources in the future.
  2. Could you please tell me in which case will you need to check the intersection of the light shape? In which kind of project?