Layers system for manage

Please add layers to manage 3d models on the different scenes.

2 Likes

Strongly Agree. Layers are very important. I work with rhino and put all my objects in layers and sublayers as well. So I would like D5 RENDER to recognize them exactly as they are in rhinoā€™s layer hierarchy and then apply the materials by layer / sublayer
Does this feature exist in the current version of D5 RENDER or is it going to be in a future one?

1 Like

Weā€™ll add layer management for hiding/showing different objects on different scenes in future updates soon. Stay tuned~

3 Likes

Thank you for answering my question. I wish you a happy new year and the D5 to evolve as the best real time rendering software on the market

2 Likes

Glad to hear that! Our passion is in building products that people love and use while whether being the best is secondary :wink:

3 Likes

What is the situation of this functionality?

1 Like

Hello, are you in the Discord server for D5 Pro? The 2.2 beta will begin this week, with the new feature Layers included. Please check the link I sent you in private message.

The way rhino layers are dismissed and how materials are applied in D5 makes itā€™s unworkable. Although they keep saying ā€˜itā€™s comingā€™, after years of folks requesting layer support it seems this essential feature somehow doesnā€™t have priority/canā€™t be implemented. Strange though since Twinmotion supports layers just fine.

Thanks for the consistent feedback! Considering the different requests from our users, some are relatively slow, we will accelerate the development process. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like