Keyframed object stops midway then starts up

I set up two views and add them to a blank video timeline as shots. I keyframe an object at the beginning of the time line. I go to the end of the timeline, move the object to a new location and keyframe it there. It is a simple setup. View travels in straight path. Object travels in straight path. View should follow object as view transitions from 1st scene to 2nd scene. Unfortunately, no matter what i do, the object moves halfway between the whole distance, stops as view moves past it, then it shoots off to finally be in its correct final location. Nothing i do makes the object move at a steady pace. It moves, stops then move to the final position. Is there someplace i can adjust the keyframes to keep a steady pace? I’ve looked online, in the D5 “help” and nothing addresses this. What am i missing? (And believe me when i say there are only two keyframes involved…no left over keyframes from previous attempts.)