Improve workflow for Architects

Latest version, link to plugin

https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=17947&p=674288#p674288

Hi George,

Thank you so much for that.

I have been using ThruPaint for quite a while. I also use SketchUV. I find using a combo of both plug-ins work really well. I highly recommend using both.

I like to download models from 3DSky, but find that some of the UV mapping needs to be fixed. ThruPaint is particularly great for fixing the UV Mapping for soft furnishings, like sofas with cushions for example. I have attached an image / example of how I like to fix UV Mapping for that. You will notice that the square cushion for ‘IKEA Ektorp 2 Seater hasn’t been fixed yet’.

I didn’t realise that there was an updated version of ThruPaint, so thank you so much for alerting me to that. I will download the latest version and check it out.

I am so glad you emailed me because I will try to upload some of my files again. I was having trouble last time.

I hope you can open my simple SketchUp tiling example. You may discover that D5 will map the tiles correctly (ie: as one combined element) only if all individual tiles have been exploded.

If you wish to experiment with it, let me know what you think.

With kindest regards,
Leah

(Attachment SketchUp - Tiles Experiment.skp is missing)

Hi Karam,

I hope you can access the ifc, fbx and .rvt files for the ‘House Experiment’

With kindest regards,
Leah

Revit LT 2020 - DEMO HOUSE EXPERIMENT - 26th Oc

(Attachment Revit LT - DEMO HOUSE EXPERIMENT - IFC to FBX 26th OCT.fbx is missing)

(Attachment Revit LT - DEMO HOUSE EXPERIMENT - IFC 26th OCT.ifc is missing)

Hi Karam,

I’ve been thinking about how one of the posts mentioned that introducing .ifc support for D5 would be difficult. Would future .dae import support be a better bet for future releases? Should Autodesk customers push for .dae export from Revit LT rather than .fbx? Autodesk already allows .dae export from Full Revit which works perfectly fine. Surely it would be easier to simply introduce it into future Revit LT releases rather than trying to restore the .fbx function??? Just a thought.

Cheers,
Leah

Sorry, Hope you can access the files this time.

Cheers,
Leah

SketchUp - Tiles Experiment.skp

Revit LT - DEMO HOUSE EXPERIMENT - IFC to FBX 2

Revit LT - DEMO HOUSE EXPERIMENT - IFC 26th OCT