Import Render Ready Assets

Hi all,

Ive been using D5 for a few months now and loving it. As great as the D5 library is, i find myself needing additional assets. There seem to be multiple sources online for render ready assets, but i dont know the best peactise for importing these assets. Ive had a look on youtube for a tutorial, but cant find anything. If someone could please share their workflow or point me in the direction of a tutorial, that would be freatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks, Nick

Ciao nick2

Thanks for this, but im more after the correct process on importing these render ready assets into D5 to use.

Hi again, I’m in Italy, and here it’s 1:29 at night, I can tell you to import the object files with all the textures, I import them in .SKP format, then I add them to the graphics program that I often use Archicad, I usually use the 3d warehouse site which I then store in the appropriate furniture folders such as sofas, tables, chairs etc… At the end of the project completion I synchronize it with D5, the only work I do on D5 is regular the lights and textures, then after that I do the renders. But if you want a personal library itself in the program, it doesn’t suit you with objects downloaded from sites, just have them in your personal folder like I do, you just have to load it in D5, instead for the program library just find what interests you and click on the heart at the top right, the program stores it in the recent area. it also does this when you add objects to your project and reuse it to take that project’s features to another project.

Hi Nick.
Did you solve the object problem?
Another thing I didn’t tell you is that in D5 there is the Local File area where you can save both materials, particles and objects, creating your own folders, so you have the possibility to create your own library.

You can reder to this blog for free assests.
Free download D5 Models for Architecture Designer - D5 WORKS - D5 RENDER FORUM