How to approach design options on different tags

I’m having this issue repeatedly… I often have several different options for a stage design in one model on different tags in Sketchup. Every time I want to switch to a different option I hit the LiveSync button in SKP which forces me to re-assign the D5 lights to their appropriate layers and that resets the D5 scenes as well… Very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution for this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi! In the settings for plugin, you can choose “Sync structure of light component” or “no sync”.

If you choose no sync, then any renaming, grouping, etc. you do with lights in D5 will not be affected by the new sync. So I suggest you choose “no sync”. Please note that after selecting “no sync”, click “save”.

1 Like

OK, thank you. I’ll try that moving forward. But if I have different design options in one Sketchup model, what’s the best way to deal with that? Do I export selected groups as D5A files and import them into D5?

If you are referring to the fact that you have several different design options for the same scene, then I think that exporting the options as a d5a might be an suitable approach. But please note that the exported d5a will preserve the group structure, but not the tag structure.

I am having this same issue. I typically do design options on different tags and have scenes in sketchup which change between the different options. It would be great if Live sync auto updated which layers/tags are on in sketchup “on the fly” currently it requires resyncing the model to d5 if i want to change tag visibility.

Thanks for your advice. I suggest you can write your request in our idea& request channel. :heart: