How many group object levels does D5 support? I feel difficult and tired of this situation

How many group object levels does D5 support?

The problem is that I have to remove the objects in the group so they can be seen in the rendering. Objects that are deep within the group are not visible in the rendering. For example, I have a window group, inside the window there is a glass and frame group, inside the frame there is a window key group in which there are several more small objects because this is detail.

However, only the outer window frames are visible, but when I explode them all into one group, suddenly everything is visible on the rendering screen. If this is the case, the reality is that I have to dismantle all the groups and this is very time consuming and very tiring. Because it could be that in the future I need to edit one of the groups but it has merged everything into just one layer.

-Sketchup 2021
-D5 LiveSync 1.1.0.0037

i have to exploded all objet insode of group levels and this is very time consuming and tired for me, there is a tree group of leaves layers and so much more detail things. Please help thanks. I tried convert no luck. I just wanted to ask if this is just my problem or someone else’s, and if this is known to be a bug for the current version of D5 which is still in development.

Hello,

just for confirmation, are you using D5 LiveSync 1.1.0.0037? Currently, multiple layers of group nesting can result in part of models not showing up, but there is no explicit limit on the number of layers and it’s not an inevitable event. It is still recommended to explode the groups before importing them into D5.Thanks for your understanding.

Yes, I use that version and always update it to see if there are any improvements. Will there be any improvements regarding this in the future?

How important is it to developers if it is rated 1 to 10? because for me this really determines whether I switch to using d5 or something else.

I have known d5 since its appearance and really appreciate how fast it has progressed and can even surpass several other rendering software in terms of facilities, but support in development, listening to consumer complaints are also important points because serving consumer needs is the main point so that we continue to use it.

Hi,

sorry for the issue. Approximately how many layers of group structure are currently nested in your model? What is the maximum number of levels? (Especially the parts that are not being synchronized correctly) D5 does have some problems dealing with overly complex structures, and we are in the process of optimization and enhancements.
If it’s convenient, can you send the scene file (the modelling file + The entire folder where the .drs file is located) to me or support@d5techs.com? Please attach a link to this post, so I can test it on my end. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

I’ve sent it to email. Thanks.

As I showed above. Everything can be resolved by blowing up just one group level. As a result, all objects/elements become merged and this makes it difficult when repairs are made in the future. Hopefully what I have provided can be a benchmark for whether this problem has been resolved or not.

I am very grateful for the support.

1 Like