[Resolved] Grass and plants disappear from a distance

First, let me tell you something about the culling distance. because of the culling distance, it is normal that when moving the camera away, grass created by the grass material templates or vegetation, whose diagonal radius of length and width is less than 1.5 meters, planted by the brush tool will disappear only in the Preview mode and will be visible in rendered images or videos.

But what I want to tell you is about a known issue. The issue is that the grass created by the first grass material template will also disappear in the rendered images or videos.
Here is an example:

Solution

So we have this build to share with you, which intends to fix the issue with the first grass material template.
Here is the download link: Fusion_build.zip - Google Drive
Below are the steps to use this build:

1. Save the .zip file and then unzip the file.

2. Copy all the files in the red square as shown in the photo below.

3. Paste the files to the D5 Render installation folder.

A message asking you if you want to replace the files with the same names will show up, click replace.

1. Then you can start running D5 Render and render the scene. You will find that the issue is solved.
2 Likes

this does not work in the d5 2.4 updates when i copy paste and restart the app it crashes

Hello, this solution no longer works, because in 2.4 we fixed the problem. You can adjust the cull distance in Preference directly in D5 Render.

The Cull Distance does not work as well

hi mate, could you let me know what problem did you encounter? The rendered image still does not have grass shown?