Green Bathroom

Theme: Bathroom
Artist: Diego Moreno
Graphics Card: RTX 3070
Workflow: 3dsmax and D5 Render, then some Photoshop
Brief description of post-processing:
Whether the model is original:
Model source:

Description of the work: Testing the 2.0 version of D5 Render 2.0 PRO.
I’m having some flickering problems in 2K video with some shadows in some objects like the rolled towels or the flower in the vase over the furniture. The render quality in static scenes it’s great, but I miss some video options, and I think the video quality is lower.

7 Likes

VERY BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT. AND FROM A DESIGN MAGAZINE, BRAVO :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you. It’s my very steps with D5. I’d like to make some opinions about the new UI interface as a UX designer. The app needs some changes to improve the experience.

There are some issues and action that can be undone or too difficult to find.

THE D5 INTERFACE FOR ME IS AS INTUITIVE AS OTHER PROGRAMS I USE FOR GRAPHICS, FROM AUTOCAD TO SKETCHUP AND ARCHICAD. THE LAST ONE HAS USED IT FOR A LONG TIME, I TELL YOU WHY.
I STARTED WITH GRAPHICS AFTER GRADUATION IN ARCHITECTURE, WORKING FOR A GROUP THAT MADE TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEYS. SO I WAS USING THE MACINTOSH TO RESTORE THE POINTS DETECTED IN THE COUNTRYSIDE, THERE WAS A PROGRAM MADE BY THE ARCHICAD GROUP, BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED IN 2D THEN IT WAS TRANSFORMED IN ARCHICAD.
I HAVE ALSO USED 3D MAX, BUT SOMETIMES I GET LOST ON THE STREET.
SO I TALK TO YOU MORE THAN 30 YEARS AGO, I’M AN OLD MAN IN THIS FIELD. I ALWAYS GO IN SEARCH OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES, AND I SAY THAT 30 YEARS AGO I TALKED ABOUT THIS TECHNOLOGY WITH MY COLLEAGUES, THEY SMILED AT ME THINKING THAT IT WAS A FANTASY FOR STAR WORS. I THINK THAT IN THE FUTURE WE WILL ARRIVE BEYOND WHAT WE LIVE.
A HUG RICCARDO :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cool :+1: :joy:

Hello, welcome to share your opinions here, I will share with product team as well.

I’m 41. I started since 3D Studio in MS-DOS and Cagliary Truspace… so… just imagine the time spend in 3D software. From Lightwave to XSI, Maya and go on…

From 10 years to now, my main soft is 3dsmax (I tried sketchup but is more friendly to architects I think…) and VRay. I have been using Twinmotion and Lumion and since a couple of months, D5. I have been seeing his evolution as a great render software BUT I think it still need UI improvements and logical space for some tools.

EG. If I use the paint tool with some rocks and trees in a object or terrain… If I change the object or move to do something, when I come back to this “terrain” I don’t know what objects are painted if I want erase some.

I would use the “inspect tool” to tell to the user what objects are painted in or used and the option to disable them by a check.

The paint and erase tools should be in other place in the software, not in the library.
The team said that a material list is on the way. That’s great because sometimes it’s very frustrating to search any material.

Sorry for the long text. I have a lot of ideas when I use D5 and I can see the real potential and is really huge.

I totally agree with what you say. It’s a great D5 software, the road is long, but the staf in couple of years have made great strides, and I think what you said they will. In this forum they are all professionals and they know well the programs that you have mentioned, they also use them, like Twinmotion the latest version which is very close to D5 1.3 - 1.4 and Lumion. TM downloaded it some time ago and the updates seem to me so far Free. But it is slow when it has to regenerate the image, when you work on it, maybe it depends on the PC with a GTX 1070 graphics card from 16 GIGA. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
Hi, Riccardo

For me. the best feature of Twinmotion is the option to lights on the lights in a city or urban furniture and DECALS. A couple of decals in the right place and could be the best way to make a realistic road. Same for some external materials such as concrete and the dirty in some edges.

The option to “grown” all the vegetation with just one click is great too.

And Lumion… the software it’s a little “alien” in the way how we use ir, the interface, the buttons, it’s like the Zbrush of the modellers softwares. But it has many QoL (Quality of Life) details that’s improve the workflow. Oh, the grass material it’s simply amazing.

D5 Render instead has a fantastic final quality image and it’s the most friendly UI to another windows software. But as I said, I think it need more cohesion between some tools.

The grass material needs improvements but for the first iteration, looks fine.
Materials now are great to play with. But I’m still having problems with de UVW maps in some materials imported from 3dsmax in FBX. It’s easily solved putting an UVW map in 3dsmax and reimport.

Another problem it’s some flickering shadows and edges in animation (2K Quality) It’s a shame because I want to use D5 for animation too. With these problems and without any render options I don’t know know to fix this.

It is true what you said, the same thing I do, the renderings of interiors with D5 and for exteriors, when it happens, I use Twinmotion. Now that SKY has also improved, we will see how the producers of these programs play it, it is a constant struggle. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello DiegoDesign, about the flickering shadows/edges problem, you could share a video here or send related info to support@d5techs.com. We will help you find the issue cause, because normally there should not be flickering issues in our videos.

Thank you Oliver. Just sent the raw videos in a WeTransfer link and a brief description of the issue.

ok, we will keep you updated.