Global random scale and rotation - vegetation models

Thanks for the splendid update/upgrade and greetings,

I have noticed that there is (or I am wrong?) no option to change automatically/random rotation and scale of vegetation models as for instance in Lumion. Shall I miss something or this this feature has been still not available. This is an essential, I think option for the real-look vegetation presentation.

1 Like

Hello, we do not have global random rotation for vegetation models. But if you use the new function Path tool, you can set random rotation for the plants.
Vegetation Path - User Manual (d5render.com)

It would be awesome if the random rotation for vegetation would be implemented for the vegetation painting.

Hello, the painted vegatation has random rotation by default. We will consider to control it manually. :blush:

Ah alright! Manual control would be nice :slight_smile:

Random size and rotation are really important.
To be able to use this while placing but also after placing objects. Select and randomize…
Also a size and rotation shortcut is really important. Take a look at Lumion.

2 Likes

We will have optimizations on the axis in 2.1. About the randomization, we will take it into consideration as well, but it may not be finished in 2.1

The behaviour I would like to happen is everytime you drag a vegetation asset from the assets panel it has a random z rotation value every time. Additionally, when multiple vegetation assets which are already placed are selected in the viewport, a randomize rotation button in the settings panel would be awesome!

1 Like