Fine camera Tunning

Im using D5 and i think that its a software with lots of potencial. But when i try to make videos, i miss some features, for example, i would love to use 3d spacemouse to navigate, like other softwares, but the thing i find most difficult is doing small camera increments, because the modes 3D and wasd, wont let me do smal camera movents, for example im looking to a vase on a desk, and only want move 5 cm to one of the sides… whenever i try to move using the sistem navigation it will move 30/50cm…
Another thing i think need improvemnt its camera movements, if you try to rotate around an object and then try to rotate and move camera down it will make a strange movent on the camera transition from one movent to the other, with should be more smoth…

1 Like

Hi Graphite,

Thank you for trusting us~
For the first question, you can try slowing down the camera moving speed( We don’t have a function to set camera moving distance yet, for now, we can only control the speed)
And for the other one, we have improved the camera movement in the next 2 builds. Please wait for updates and hope you will be satisfied.

Best regards,
Oliver

Thanks… it would be great to import cameras from real fottage, fbx cameras with paths… to aply rendering with real videos…

2 Likes

Currently you can use the D5 Converter to sync the lens in the modeling software to d5.
And we will support Path animation in the future.

2 Likes

Ok ive done that and it works in the modelling part but when I change to render video I can’t use the camera sincronization, maybe I’m doing something wrong… thanks

I’d like to know if there’s an expected date for this feature to be available. It would be great to have a simple curve/graph animation tool for cameras or even better an in-viewport path/speed control to get fine-tuned movement. Thx

Hi, unfortunately, this will not be done in the short term. We are working on improving the smoothness and stability of camera movement for video rendering. Did you encounter problems that the camera shakes when rendering a video? or your need is to do curve animation?

Thanks for the response. Even though we are happy with the overall result of the latest animation we produced, it was really hard to get the camera paths/movements to behave as needed. When defining a camera turn we just had to stick to the standard position transition D5 made, since designing the intermediate turning positions was messing the movement up badly. In addition, the standard ease doesn’t work well in most cases given you can’t adapt the speed rates. When needed to make a slowdown the camera jumps/jitters which results in unnatural movements. We ended up rendering the same path twice at different speeds and matched them in Aftereffects. The issue was the animated assets, that never matched. I know we pushed the software too hard, but it was a real production scenario: a huge project and a tight deadline. Finally, we adapted our artistic directions to the software and its limitations. IMHO it should be the other way around. I look forward to seeing improvements in this area. Thx!

Hi juantrillo,
Thanks for the feedback. In D5 2.3, we add an animation control to better handle dynamic assets in video rendering. Second, could you send me the scene file you mentioned and let me know in which clip you had the camera jump problem? We can contact here via private message, thanks!

I’ll try to prepare a scene with just the cameras in a few days to share since it’s confidential. Thx

1 Like

Great, being able to control the speed/movement rate for people within a path would be great too. As you currently can do that with car wheels. Otherwise, they seem to moonwalk in some cases. :grin:

Ok, look forward to that, thanks~

One other thing. Being able to rearrange the clips’ order in the list and also the shots within the clips would be great. Thx

1 Like