Feedback about D5 Render after using for a year

I have been using D5 Render for a long time, since I switched from Lumion, it has seriously improved the quality of my work. I would like to thank the D5 team for this. I think D5 Render does the best job in terms of speed and visuals in the market right now. I am a person who does exterior design and landscape work. I will give some feedback in items to make the D5 Render application better and more useful.
1- Terrain modeling
2- Painting the texture assigned a single material in Sketchup with different materials in D5 Render, like the Photoshop system (different brushes, opacity and hardness softness adjustment) - This is very important for realistic terrain.
3- Increasing the working window to values above 60fps. Allowing the limits of the graphics card to be used. I want to work with 150-200 frames.
3- Video recording in vertical 9:16 format for social media.
4- More organized Assets menu. Menu names should be categorized with pictures, like in Lumion.
5- More realistic cloud quality, if the clouds are moving in the videos, the clouds are pixelated.
6- More natural customizable grass (for grass material)
7- We should also be able to use a paintbrush to fill in objects that we uploaded from outside, for example some plants and rocks that we downloaded from Quixel Bridge.

Especially 4 and 7 would be big gamechangers for me, in Addition I would like it if the scale, position and rotate function of materials were a bit smoother.

Unfortunately D5 community forum is dead. I guess i sent my feedbacks to space…

1 Like

I dont think its dead? I see Oliver answering here very regulary

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for posting. The suggestion 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 you mentioned are already working in progress as we are improving the video function, cloud, grass, etc. Some of them may be finished in D5 Render 2.5, and others may need to wait for 2.6 or 3.0.

The others you mentioned may not be realized in D5 Render in the short term.

Well, the higher preview FPS is possible as we are going to integrate DLSS 3.0, so if you have RTX 40-series GPU, the 60 FPS limitation will no longer exist.

1 Like

Thank you Oliver a.k.a Geralt :slight_smile:
Version 2.2 came in April last year. Current version is 2.4.
0.2 version/per year :joy:
I guess we will see version 3.0 3 years later :joy:

1 Like

They’re a small team bro, its amazing what they did even though they’re way smaller then their competitors and those aren’t bringing updates any faster even though they’re bigger.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support

1 Like

Do not worry bro, 3.0 may come next year is everything goes well, lol

1 Like