External graphic card

Hi everyone, I want try d5 render with 3ds max, but my graphic card is a gtx, and d5 don’t work. A external graphic card is a good solution in your opinion? excuse me for my basic english!
Have a nice day everyone!

Ciao dave.reggio.
Nelle informazioni date da D5 parte da una scheda GTX 1060 da 8G
è ha delle buone prestazioni “Dicono i test fatti da D5”, io uso un portatile intel core i7 con 16G al processore è alla scheda grafica una GTX da 1070 da 16G , il programma mi funziona bene.
Spero di averti chiarito i tuoi dubbi, però vai a dare uno sgurdo alla parte tecnica per far girare il programma D5, perchè se vuoi delle cose più particolari , come fare immagini in 8k ho fare video in 4k e altre cose, c’è bisogno di schede grafiche NVIDEA di nuova generazioni più potenti. D5 Render System Requirements | D5 Render
Hello dave.reggio.
In the information given by D5 it starts from an 8G GTX 1060 card
it has good performance ‘The tests done by D5 say’, I use an intel core i7 laptop with 16G processor and a 16G GTX 1070 graphics card, the program works well for me.
I hope I have clarified your doubts, but go and take a look at the technical part to run the D5 program, because if you want more particular things, like making images in 8k or making videos in 4k and other things, there is a need of more powerful next-generation NVIDEA graphics cards. D5 Render System Requirements | D5 Render
:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very good, you are so kind. I tried the program in my laptop (nvidia gtx 1650 ti) but is not enough to run it. should I change my pc? or I can try it with an external graphic card?
Let me know what you think!
TK sincerely!

HI
If you only have to buy a 24G RTX 3090 graphics card, and then connect it to the laptop, I can’t tell you if it’s worth it with the processor you have on your PC. It is better to buy a PC with a new processor with lots of gigabytes and an RTX 3090 card or the one you can afford, so you won’t have installation problems and the program’s functionality would be at its maximum. :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Hi mate, personally speaking I do not recommend external GPU, because D5 has a high requirement for the cable, otherwise the performance of eGPU may not be very good.
If possible you can replace the GTX GPU with new RTX ones directly, not using eGPU.

Hi Olivers
I wanted to know if it is possible to install the new D5 2.4.5 version in my situation that I have the GTX 1070 card, which does not have DLSS but another system, live-sync support.
And if it can also on other cards from RTX 20 - 30. Or is it only for the 40 Series Card? :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Hi Ric, yes, the 2.4.5 version has no other new features except for supporting DLSS 3.0, compared with the current 2.4.3. (This feature only supports RTX40-series)

What version of D5 Render are you using now? If you are still using older versions, then you can keep using that. And if you do want to upgrade, you can wait for D5 Render 2.5 update which will be released probably in July, and we will roll out Auto-update that time.

1 Like

Thanks Oliver, I’ll wait for July :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

1 Like

same here. thanks for sharing!

1 Like