Exporting a scene is not a single object

Is there a way to import a scene not with one generic object, but with objects? This is the biggest disadvantage when working in archicad. Archikad does not have a normal material editor. In some cases, you can’t move the origin of a texture or change its overlay type. Therefore, exporting a single object to d5 does not provide enough flexibility in using your product with Archicad.

Hi dessirio
I have been using Archicad for a long time, with what you said, if I understood correctly, it doesn’t seem to me that it has this limit with D5, Let me understand with a screenshot, maybe, for what I think, I can give indications to solve the problem

The point is that the entire object is exported. For any software with which the D5 works, this happens. You cannot delete or move an object while in D5. You should only do this in the software you are using. Or you can build scenes from a variety of objects that you have previously saved to the D5.

You can only achieve this if you import object independently, this is the case with every rendering software. This isnt a 3D model software but a render software.

2 Likes

No, it’s not. In TwinMotion, objects are imported independently of each other, but you can of course glue them together into one big geometry. There is a sample when importing.

HI
If it’s objects placed in a scene and you want to move them from one place to another you have to do it from the program and synchronize it with D5, do it from the render program, which is not a design program, you can’t do it. But there is the possibility to move the whole scene, by opening the lock, which is on the left next to the name of your import project. Or do with the indication that the colleague ’ tjeerd ’ suggested. For the textures or mappings, do it from Archicad, positioning it in a way that suits you on the object, i.e. go to the Documents drop-down menu, Creative Representation, Align 3D Textures, that’s it, so you synchronize and you will have the result on D5. But all of this you do before importing to D5, when your project is finished with both textures and objects. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, but I know all this.