Drag + Shift = multiple copies

It’s very strange there isn’t already this feature. Many of us use 3ds Max.
If we drag (move) an object while pressing the shift key the object is cloned.
What about the possibily to add the number of copies we want?
Also, is it possible to make a bigger Gizmo which includes also the handles for scaling?

Regards

Hi! In D5 Render, you can press the shortcut key ctrl+D to duplicate.

About this, you mean that you want an option to enter the number of how many copies of the object you want to duplicate, is that right? The reason that you need this option is that it is more convenient for you to place a large number of the object, right? Please note that the vegetation, vehicles and characters can be placed by the scatter or brush tool too.
Lastly, about the scaling tool in Gizmo, could you tell me why you need this?

1 Like

Hi Ruby,
In D5 I found very useful the shortcut shift + drag, this action clones the model.
I’d like to shift + drag and have also the possibility to choose how many clones I want. Try yourself this option within 3ds Max. While dragging and pressing the shift key a dialog panel appears and asks how many copies we want to clone in the direction we dragged. We can choose copies, instances or references. For example rotating while pressing the shift key the program asks how many copies we want during the rotation. If the pivot is not centered the program creates a polar array.

Regarding the Gizmo look at the one available in Rhinoceros. It’s bigger, it has handles for move, rotate, scale and also cloning.

Regards

1 Like

It is a good idea. I have told this to our dev team. We will take it into consideration.

2 Likes

This feature must support copies by SHIFT+Drag with move, rotate & Scale

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you!