DLSS 3.0 Implementation

I am not sure how difficult it is to implement DLSS 3.0 into D5, but I would assume the FPS uplift will be really great.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion, DLSS 3.0 is in development, stay tuned! :grinning:

Wow, great. Seems D5 team is always one step ahead of us :smiley:

Do I need Rtx 4000 series card to for DLSS 3.0 or it will work on RTX 3070 ?

Yes, they have to keep up with the latest technology to compete in the Rendering marker

So far DLSS 3.0 is only on 4000s

As far as I know Nvidea has promoted it in their new Cards :upside_down_face:

Hi, as far as I know, DLSS 3.0 is only working for RTX 40 series.

Then why does my RTX 3060 get driver updates for DLSS3.0?

Yeah, 30 series can use the super resolution feature from DLSS 2.0 (now 3.0), but the DLSS Frame Generation function is only for 40 series, and that is what we are integrating into D5 Render.

How much diffrence would this make and is there any timeframe on when you guys will drop this update? Would like to know so I could take this in consideration when upgrading my workstation
@Oliver.J ?

1 Like

Not sure what your budget is and what you are planning to upgrade to, but I am using RTX 4090 and regardless of DLSS 3.0 implementation, I think it s very much worth upgrading to. Just from a render time stand point and the FPS in the D5. I can have much more complex scenes and still be relatively smooth

1 Like

Hi Ryann,

I see in the new 2.5 Version the DLSS 3.0 is not implemented anymore, any plans to bring this back? I used to get double FPS in the previous version.

Hi,arman.nasre, We don’t have DLSS3 in 2.5 temporarily since we found the stability of it still needs to be improved, sorry for the inconvenience. If you really need it, you have to use 2.4.5 now…we will fix it asap.