.DAE or Chief Architect Support

Hi, are there any news on support for .DAE files or plugin for Chief Architect? Or at least is there some kind of estimated date for when it could be ready? Thank you in advance, love your program but I must convert every file through SketchUp and some of the files are too big/complicated for that :/.

2 Likes

+1

Personally I’d love this too…too much work now as Chief does not do FBX Export.

Hi, the Chief Architect does not open port for us, so we have no way to develop a plugin or support its format. We may be able to support .DAE in the future as soon as they agree.

Thanks for the information Oliver, I do know CA likes to develop everything “In-House”
and the latest Version ( X13 beta is out ) has a new RT-PBR view but at least for me it has issues and is very “grainy” looking on a 3080.

CA’s export to .3DS is limited to 65355 vertexs( or something close to that) where as .dae allows larger exports. At the moment I have to export to .3ds , then convert to .fbx as .3ds cannot be imported directly either.( only plugin ATM ) I do not have Sketchup Pro and do not plan on getting it as I do all my work in CA but I have a number of Clients who want more Photo-Realistic Renderings, so am hoping D5 will have a much easier/smoother way soon.

you can add a vote here to (hopefully) help get better CA support

https://d5render.featureupvote.com/suggestions/191057/chief-architect-support

KB

2 Likes