DAE files

Hello!

I have been reading all the previous notes on the availability of DAE file imports. Is there any update on that? My current workflow is Chief Architect - export DAE - Blender - export FBX. But this is an issue as anytime there is a change to the model, I have to repeat that process but none of the materials “keep” once the file is refreshed in D5. So I have to reapply all the materials/texture. Major issue on the productive side.

Having the ability to import DAE directly into D5 would be a great help! Currently still using Lumion since we don’t have the time to keep apply the same materials. Wanting to move to D5 full time.

Thank you!

Hi, if you change the name of the file you have made the changes, D5 sees it as another project. Even when the textures are the same but with different names from the previous one, it happens that D5 sees the first one, but sees the updated one as new. So when you make changes to your project you don’t have to rename it or change the name of the textures, if you have to, make a copy of the files before making the new change or re-designing it.

That’s the thing, we aren’t changing the name of anything. Our thought was maybe the material files are being renamed in Blender somehow which in turn D5 thinks is a new file.

Hi again, I understand, do you think that the material you use in Blender renames itself? It seems strange to me that a graphics program you use has this option, perhaps during work you make some changes to the mappings, that Blender gives this possibility, for example, changes the format to make it transparant, or something else. Or if I remember correctly there is the possibility of changing what type of mapping should be loaded by inserting it into the object, this based on what you are doing. But if you finish the job, you synchronize it with D5 and make your settings, then make some changes to your project, maybe touch some textures and change its characteristics, it is normal that the name is the mapping and always the same but it has changed the characteristic of the map, therefore D5 sees it as different from the previous one. Then blender and an excellent rendering program and when you take a flat map it has the possibility of making it wrinkled, metallic, specular, etc…
I’ll insert you some videos on Blender, how is the material mapping process, surely you are an expert compared to me, but it can happen that you miss something.

Or, you’re right it’s a D5 engine problem.