D5 WorkSpace: how to understand it?

Hello
I’m trying to understand how the D5 WorkSpace folder works.

I suppose that CONTENT contains everything downloaded by D5 from the “official” D5 database plus the data generated by D5 when converting or editing assets?

Then the 4 CUSTOM*** (gobo, hdr, ies, lut) should be where one would put their custom gobo, hdr, ies, luts?

Now the MATERIAL and the MODEL folders should be named CUSTOMMATERIAL and CUSTOMMODEL I presume? as they seem to contain only the material I added to D5…

Inside these 2 folders, all the subfolders are names new category_XXX and each contains a tagname.txt corresponding to the matching category names in D5.

While I can understand somehow why you did this, it is problematic for me as I use synch apps to backup and synch my custom libraries on several of my computers (work, home, laptop, etc.) and I can’t synchronize my libraries if “new category_1” corresponds to furniture on my laptop and to people on my work computer.

If I synch the folders, the contents of the “new category_1” will be copied or deleted on the destination computer, and the tagname.txt on the destination computer will simply be overwritten by tagname.txt of the source computer (meaning I will end having a “new category_1” folder containing both furniture and people on my destination computer but D5 will only show the Furniture category; the People category will disappear).

I’m trying to force rename the “new category_XXX” folders with Windows Explorer and thus renaming new category_1 by furniture, new category_2 by people, etc.

In parallel, I opened D5 to see how it will manage this “violation” of naming conventions :smiley:
When opening the Render Assets window, switching to Local mode, D5 tried to recreate new category_1 and new category_2 folder ONCE. I immediately DELETED them within Explorer as these folders seemed empty. and now D5 doesn’t recreate them anymore.

So it seems that D5 actually recognizes the cutom named category folders (furniture, people, cars, plants, outdoor furniture, rocks, etc. for MODELS and brick, concrete,curtain, glass, water, wood, etc. in MATERIAL). Hurraaaah!!!

This way, it will be much straightforward to synchronize the custom local folders between computers.

I’ll test on all my computers if this behaviour is correct (it could be a bug on my PC).

But my request is this: why can’t D5 directly NAME the category folders on the disk instead of keeping abstract names like “new category_X” ???

Moreover, it would be very nice to be able to have SUBFOLDERS inside MATERIAL and MODEL folders.
Like: Furniture table dining table
coffee table
side table
deco table
chair dining chair
armchair
stoolchair
rocking chair
Etc.

BTW it would be nice to be able to SORT the categories alphanumerically up and down