D5 Render now fully supports NVIDIA DLSS 3

Hi everyone, we’re glad to announce that D5 Render now fully supports NVIDIA DLSS 3, improving the efficiency and overall experience of the creative process. For more details, please check our blog: D5 Render & NVIDIA DLSS 3.0: Introducing Smoother, Real-Time Interactive 3D Rendering

Download D5 Render2.4.5: https://usa.asset.d5techs.com/update/setup/D5_Render_installer-2.4.5.1081.exe

3 Likes

I have downloaded the latest version of d5 and am having issues with the DLSS 3 not working. I am currently running an RTX4080 and have hardware accelerated GPU scheduling turned on. When I open the new version of d5, the DLSS Frame Generation does not come up as default and there is no option for me to turn this on. As a result, my frame rate is not optimised capping at 60 in a blank model space.
I have also restarted my pc and d5.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, there is no “DLSS Frame Generation” on your left?

You can refer to this blog and try again.
How to enable Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling - Get Help / AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM

I’m having the same issue. No :DLSS Frame Generation". RTX4090, resolution 5120 x 1440.

I stand corrected. After a few reinstalls of D5 as “Run As Admin” and a few restarts I got it.

Unfortunately, My main issue with 3dsmax still remains. When Max is on my FPS drops to 4-6 FPS and it is impossible to work :smirk: I kinda hoped the DLSS3 would help me solve the problem.

1 Like

hi guys, im only have this option here

im on a 4090 and have hardware accelerated GPU scheduling turned on

im on the lastest version of d5 too. Im on a 1080 display, maybe its the reason the other option is missing?

since were discussing the dlss3 stuff, i want to ask some questions

1. the dlss3 option is only to get more FPS on the viewports when navigating?
  2. or it helps to get videos and stills faster than when it is disabled?
  3. did it upscale videos for example rendering a 2k video and upscaling to 4k quality as it does on games? how do i achieve this?

Hi mate,

The dlss3 is only to get more FPS on the viewports, and may not have enhancement on video rendering rate and quality.

hi bruce tks for the answer! i observed that videos outputs with dlss3 are quickly rendered than videos with no dlss3 activated, but ate the cost of more flickering

for example this light flicks with dls33 and has no flickering when dlss33 activated, but the video output is faster in 4k ( 10 min x 5 min, the same 6 second take)

Hi NOG_the_DOG,

We have DLSS super Resolution which may cause the situation you met(Speed up the video rendering, but it is rendered with the help of AI and may flicker), and DLSS Frame Generation which can be used for 40series.

@Bruce.W good morning, my d5 doesnt have the DLSS Frame Generation option ( only the DLSS super Resolution), im using the latest drivers and latest d5 version(free version for learning purposes) . Am I missing something? my gpu is a 4090

Hi mate, If you want to have this, you need to download 2.4.5, you can refer to this blog. Hope it helps.

D5 Render & NVIDIA DLSS 3.0: Introducing Smoother, Real-Time Interactive 3D Rendering

How to enable Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling - Get Help / AnswerHub - D5 RENDER FORUM

oh i am not receiving the update pop screen when a start d5, if i download from the site and install it will keep my welcome screen and settings intact?

ive updated to 2.4.5 and still not on the menu

Hi there, you need to manually download 2.4.5 from the blog in our official site https://www.d5render.com/posts/d5-render-nvidia-dlss-3-real-time-interactive-3d-rendering and enable “Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling”, you can refer to this post. https://forum.d5render.com/t/how-to-enable-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/16633

yes i did it this way, manually installed tha turned that option on

1 Like

Same situation here. Everything is enabled, but not show “DLSS Frame Generation” in the menu, only “DLSS Super Resolution”.

Windows 11 with hardware accelerated GPU scheduling enabled.

Maybe D5 render installation in “Program Files” it’s a problem?

Hi mate, This version may not have the DLSS3 function temporarily. We are currently fixing some issues to improve its stability. Sorry for the inconvenience.