D5 Render 1.7.1 NOW Available

OPTIMIZATION:

1. HDR sampling optimization - Enhancements have been made to HDR details, with improved importance sampling to create more realistic effects of HDR lighting.

2. Fog Effect - Boost Volumetric Light and Exponential Height Fog quality to easily create the Tyndall Effect and Aerial Perspective Effect.

3. Assets library categories - Assets Management Function and so on.

4. Self-illumination effect - Improved self-illumination sampling algorithm, to achieve MeshLight effects as in offline-rendering.

5. Window custom zoom

6. Thumbnails of scenes display

7. D5 Converter - Workflow sync plugins

• Launch D5 Render from D5 Converters
  • Optimized the efficiency of synchronization
  • Sync scenes from SU/ArchiCAD/Revit

FIX:

1. Bloom effect bug in output images
  2. the issue with two-point perspective in video multiple clips
1 Like

TOP D5!
Test now new HDR sampling.
L

1 Like

still error with license. we registered in the china web, and not possible to use the english version.
Wrong Email or Password message

Olá Galera! atualizei o meu d5 para o 1.7.1, porem , teve uma grande diferença na qualidade da renderização. o 1,6 esta bem melhor. Alguém sabe dizer por que?

Ok, today you told me by email chinese license not compatible with english app. Do you understand no other software discriminate by language?
You should do only one version that can work in different languages. With same subscription
We paid, and now only chinese people in my team can use it
it’s ridiculous

Hi there,

It should be clarified that the only difference between the two versions is the location of the server, in order to allow each region to have a relatively stable network and service. The language of the software is automatically converted according to Windows system.

thank you

then why assets folders have chinese names only? the rest I can see in english

Please reinstall from d5render.com

Cheers,
Jessie Huang

no, if I install the english version I can´t use the subscription I paid

I don’t think it can be paid by international payment. Please provide with your D5 account and we’ll check it and get back to you. Considering it’s the private information, please send it to my email minjia.huang@d5techs.com

HI D5 Render team! Thank you for such a nice software. I have three questions about it:

1. In D5 Render 1.7.1 rendering process is not stoping as it was in 1.6 version. It takes a lot of resources when its rendering all the time without any reason. There should be an option to start and stop rendering process - similar to UE4. Could you fix it?

2. How to use new Local assets? Could you make some tutorial how to use it as it’s not working for me and it is not clear for me how it works.

3. Once you install your asset pack in the D5 Render folder, where exactly are the asset files?

Thanks in advance.
Jan

Hello to the team at D5 Render, I’m an architect using some existing tools for renders, and I’m checking options to migrate from existing solutions.

In this video:

He talked about the light and colors and how the software manages color profiles; I wonder how D5 render is regarding this?

and also about the dynamic range for D5 render versus other solutions in the market

If this post is not located in the right place, moderators can move it if they consider it necessary.

1 Like

Hola Andres:

You never ask the seller if his product is better, right?
Now, I can give you some quick points for you to think about.
Vray / Corona: Ultimate Photorealism. Very slow for animations.
Chaos Vantage: Faster than Vray/Corona but not all rendering features are available. Animations are still slower and noisier than others. Eat graphics memory like there is no tomorrow. ( one 8000x4000 pano can instantly devore 19.2GB of graphics memory, so if you don’t have an RTX 3090 you wil crash the scene. Interior animations will have dancing artifacts on reflections (fireflies) and if you up the denoiser to get rid of them, you ruin the quality.
Twinmotion. On paper, better than D5. Looking at renders…meh. They all looks plasticky, no raytrace so you have to fake shadows with decals! On the other hand…it does have animated trees.
Lumion: Very expensive, big asset library, same look on every render, don’t use the RTX cards advantage.
D5: Fastest 4k renderer, RTX raytrace, affordable price and worth it, need more improvements and more assets but really really good in my opinion. It is my favorite for videos.

3 Likes

Thank you! @3dfan

great info for reference, I think the same about twinmotion and lumion ( just scratched the surface for both of them)

but I think the questions of how many f-stops for 5D render is a very straightforward and simple to answer for the team at 5D render

Best thing is to play with the free version and checkout the few tools that may or not give you the dynamic range values you want. I woudn’t get hang up on f-stops numbers. Dynamic range is just one aspect of photography / visualisation. And we can always fix an image/video with Photoshop/Premiere. Also, judging by previous experience I wouldn’t expect a prompt answer from the team either.

1 Like

I got it, customer support it’s important in my opinion; thanks a lot for the insights.

Thanks for the advice. HDR output is already as planned in our development roadmap. It wasn’t on the top priority list since most users don’t need to achieve that level of realism in their visulization projects. But as the core functions of D5 is getting mature, we will futher dig into advanced features. Stay tuned~

D5 team stay on our forum on a daily basis and really enjoy the suggestions, ideas, and sharing with our users :wink:

1 Like

This is what makes D5 imo a strong future competitor. The team is very close to the communitys suggestions and ideas.

Very interesting movie!