D5 2.0 license?

Sorry sir, we still provide many features and updates for community version(free version), we switch to rental licensing, because we need to develop more features and bring more assets, and both of them are not cheap :sweat_smile: In every new version, we provide ‘significant’ upgrades, so I hope you will not hate us due to the new subscription plan, thank you for your understanding!

Regards,
Oliver

3 Likes

I would never hate a human being for this. I hate the decision and the abuse, not the human being. I will just use another solution. Free version could be awesome, but it does not matter if the company can’t stand by the words they used to attract new users.
Developing ain’t cheap, but this is no excuse for an abusive business model.
I should from now on charge my clients monthly fees on my projects and just provide small updates that they may or may not ever use for it.
I am glad to see that at the very least D5 ppl will not subvert and distort their promises for those who already put money at it.

well well well, seems like the Monday isn’t that blue as always
thanks Oliver.J to explain
maybe think of rewrite the announcement, as you can see a lot of people didn’t understand correctly
I do understand that D5 team is putting great effort to the development and also that the costs are rising
maybe just and idea
to make more packages
like: 1. free /with the core and some basic assets, 2.Pro /with core and extended assets/ 3. special asets libraries to buy extra or rent extra /for example urban designer doesnt need 100 sofas and interior designer doesnt need 200 trees/ so maybe make some packets for special purposes
anyway thanks alot for explanation

3 Likes

And I’m really sorry to start this forum thread and makeing “hoax”
hopefully D5 team inst mad about me

Never mind, we understand your concerns about this. :grinning:I saw this question on many platforms from users of many different countries, so we could understand your thoughts.

Thanks,
Oliver

2 Likes

thanks, I was scared that I will be banned, cursed and double charged
 :rofl:

Gladly this isn’t the case here, but
Being affraid to be banned because raising legitimate questions is just another symptom of how bad the industry situation is right now. Even more, once you realized the person has already spent money on that promise.

1 Like

that supose to be a joke from my side
to be that pesimistic bro

Hi. I bought the d5 when it first came out for $160. Do I have to pay a monthly or annual license fee?

Are you serious with this question?:joy::thinking:

Yes seriously I’m one of the first to buy and I was called the infinite version. I’ve been using it since version 1.4

You do not have to pay anymore!

2 Likes

Thank you

I can’t believe D5 will be rental/suscription at the end of this month
 i dont have $480 to buy the pro licence now
 just wow
 im very disapointed

1 Like

Concordo com o LELOPES, inclusive acho que o Oliver.J da equipe deveria se manifestar, ja que embasei meu workflow encima deste anuncio quem comprou ate hoje nao pagar por nenhuma atualização posterior, mas conseguira atualizar o programa sempre