Creating my own Library( 🙋post and share your D5A here👈)

I was download and importing some FBX files, applying material and adding it to my library so I can create useful models to import and not create/model everything outside the D5, and I was wondering if any of you guys are doing it too…?
I wanna also see if I send someone a .d5a archive, if you can import with the materials and everything. If so, we could do our own library and also help the developers. What you guys think?

This is a round table, just to see if comes with the materials, maps, and textures, if anyone could test that for me.

2 Likes

Hi Charads,

Worked seamlessly.

2 Likes

Hi Charads,

Thank you for supporting D5A.
Yes, just as you said, some of our users have been creating D5A themselves, which is highly recommended and encouraged. Because users can import with materials and everything by d5a format.

Thank you very much.

P.S. I’ve tested your round table attached. It works well!

1 Like

I have also collected and created some models with d5a format! Following are some of them. Please check out the link for downloading and testing!

2 Likes

Hey Jessie, thanks for your reply. Is it possible to create a fixed post for us to post the models?

Hi Charads,

Yes, sounds really nice!
We’re planning the official site as a platform for sharing D5A. Before it comes out, I’d like to create a certain post for you to post.

1 Like

Hey Beihaha,

I used your model of the pot plant in this scene, looks great.
I like how D5 when you import the models they tend to sit on the ground surface, and easy to change scale.
Excellent

2 Likes

Hi, Jessie. Tell us how you save the model in the format .D5a. I import a skp file with textures, then save the project. The extension is obtained .drs. And to import a model, need a model in the format .D5a. What am I doing wrong?

Hey Sergey,

There two ways to create d5a format:

1. from D5 Convertor(which can be downloaded from our website)
  2. import fbx model into D5 Render, then export the model after you finish editing it(the export button is on the right side panel when you click on that model)

Thank you.

1 Like

I see, thank you

Jessie, Too bad can 't import fbx with textures. It is also a pity that the loaded skp model cannot be added to the library when creating a new project. This is a significant disadvantage.

Hey Sergey,

Thank you for your reply.
We will do that very soon.

btw, may I know what’s your most commonly used tool for modeling?

Hi, Jessie. I am an architect and model in ArchiCAD. Export to skp

Yes, this is a good idea and have a community warehouse to share and download.

1 Like

Hi there,

Welcome to D5 Forum.
Yes, we’re planning a platform to do this. Before that, you can post and share them right here!

Thank you for your support

Hi Sergey,

We will support archicad direct import in the future updates.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Here is a preview we made for cloth draped on a sphere.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lZ7ZSIb6SxTOyeDSEUotuq-M7qWjcuqg?usp=sharing

Hi all. Is it possible to save a D5a of a group containing a light source? I would like to create a light fitting including 3d model and spotlight, but it seems not to be possible.

sorry, the d5a file could only save the model, so the light source cannot be saved. We would make it possible to save light settings or other parameters in the future.