Coordinate system

It would be useful maintain the same global coordinate system when importing a component or a part of the same model (e.g. .skp file), I’ve noticed that when you do it the component or part of model acquires his own CS (and then you have to move it trying to place it in the right position without an object snap)

thank you

3 Likes

This is a very important system that is sorely missed in D5. Hope they implement it soon.

2 Likes

Hi! thanks for your suggestion! The D5 team have already working on it! And it will be solved in the near future!

3 Likes

Another issue: when I move a group of assets the CS is related to the group (correctly in my opinion), when I rotate it the transformation is applied to the single asset so they rotate individually.
I love the software and I’m looking forward new releases.

2 Likes

I have found a workaround for this. Create 8 cubes of equal size and move each of the cubes evenly away from the 0,0,0 axis in all directions, effectively creating a cube at each corner of coordinate system. Then export your models but keep these cubes on. Then when importing just make sure to set all models to 0,0,0. You want to make sure the cubes are far enough away not to be seen in your model.

3 Likes

Brilliant!
That’s because this way you create a bounding box of the asset, 5DR places the 0,0,0 of local CS inside the center of the bounding box.
It’s very useful when there are grass assets so you can turn them on or off (video memory expansive), they are associated to the single asset.
Thank you so much!

1 Like