Choosing graphic card

Hi,
Building a new PC and choosing between RTX 2080 super and titan version. Is 2080 super sufficient for smooth work or titan is just rly big upgrade worth to buy . I will do interiors with moderate to high details And of course exteriors (up to groups od buildings).

THX for helping
PH

RTX2080Ti is enough with its 11GB

I do all my job on 3ds Max + Fstorm with two 2080Tis

RTX Titan has 24GB, it’s ok for very large projects like masterplans. If D5 Render supports instances then you don’t need 24GB of vram.

consider on 14 May Nvidia will announce new gpus.

Hi,
thx for answer but Im choosing only between 2080 super and 2080ti :). RTX titan is too much expensive for me. So its only about 8GB vs 11GB vram and I need to know if 8GB version of 2080 will be ok for smooth working in this program (have 2gb gpu now so Im totaly lost and can´t try trial :D).

Hi there,

We recommend 2060s for usual projects, 2080ti for large archviz
Thank you very much

ok thank you

what is the best graphic card for D5 Render? Geforce RTX series (2080 Ti/3080…) or Quadro RTX series (4000, 5000…), another question, (for exemple) if Quadro RTX series are better than Geforce RTX series, can we have some global comparison, you can tell us for exemple if Quadro RTX 4000 is 5 time faster than RTX 3080 or something like that? thanks a lot

Hi there,

It’s a really good idea. We’re planing it.
For now, RTX 30 series is stronger than Quadro RTX, since ampere quodro is not available on the current Quadro RTX series. If you’re considering upgrading now, RTX 30 series would be much recommended.

Hope it helps!
Thank you

Hi!
Is there a way one could estimate the amount of VRAM needed to avoid any paging to RAM(if supported in D5) based on type of textures (1080p, 2K, 4K) and number of such textures in a scene? I am trying to find out based on my needs (Small buildings, Larger houses with detailed interiors) if I will need more than 8Gb of VRAM when 4K and 2K textures are used. Also I don´t fully understand how would that affect rendering of videos?
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hi there,

It’s recommended to use GPU-Z to check the memory of the video card, and task manager to check RAM

Hope it helps
Thank you

Hi
I want to choose razer laptop for d5 render
What laptop is better ?
Razer blade 15 advanced intel 10875h rtx 3070
or
Razer blade 15 studio edition 10875h quadro rtx 5000
Thanks

Hi, just in terms of graphic card, RTX 3070 is the better choice for D5 Render.

1 Like

But quadro rxt with 16gb vram, rtx 3070 with only 8gb

Both the RTX 2080 Super and the Titan series are powerful GPUs, but they cater to slightly different needs and price points.

The RTX 2080 Super is a high-end consumer-grade GPU and is more than capable of handling tasks like interior design with moderate to high details, as well as rendering exteriors of buildings. It provides excellent performance for gaming and professional workloads, offering a good balance between performance and cost.

On the other hand, the Titan series, like the Titan RTX, is designed for professional workstations and content creation. It comes with more VRAM and specialized features that are beneficial for demanding computational tasks, high-resolution rendering, complex simulations, and heavy workloads in applications like 3D modeling, rendering, and AI development.

If you’re primarily focusing on architectural design with moderate to high details and not engaging in extremely heavy computational tasks, the RTX 2080 Super should serve you well and be more cost-effective. However, if you foresee yourself handling extremely large scenes, complex simulations, or running multiple resource-intensive applications simultaneously, then the Titan series might offer some advantages due to its larger VRAM and specialized features.

Consider your specific workflow and the scale of your projects before deciding. If budget isn’t a major concern and you want the best of the best for future-proofing and handling more demanding tasks, the Titan series could be worth the investment. Otherwise, the RTX 2080 Super should provide a smooth experience for your described tasks. However, if you’re eyeing extreme computational demands or foresee handling colossal scenes, the Titan series might hold an edge. It’s a balancing act between the two, but for most, the 2080 Super nails it—unless, of course, you’ve got a Gaming Magazine column demanding the absolute top-tier hardware specs.