Character

Is there an update coming soon to provide more variety to the character? The last update put too much emphasis on the “Asain” characters. My clients noticed and are asking for a bit of variety and at the moment I feel it’s a bit limiting.

Hello jtubb,

Due to the last update of Asian characters, they are in the front of the list. we will optimize the sorting later. Can I ask what kind of people do you feel limited? From my side, the variety is good now, probably more costumed added. You can also use 2d people.

Besides, the European plants will update soon, the characters may be late.

quote to the topic. the variety is ok. maybe it needs an update for the costumed part. I also noticed that ther’s not a good variety fot “beach charachters” (not only swimming but also laying on bed taking sun ecc). summer is coming :smiley:

1 Like

Yes it would be great to have characters for the beach, swimming pools, SPA, wellness, etc. …

RendePeople and axyz-design have some very good ones, animated or not.
So being able to import animated characters compatible with these assets is a must.

Especially the characters they call “4D people” or “volumetric capture”.

Thanks, Bruce,
My team and clients would like to request more Western culture people, especially people of color or Black. Right now the library has less than 2% Black. Of that, it looks like it is the same actor in different costumes some of which are specific use cases. I’m not making it the main point, but public perception plays a large part in our projects.

As for the 2D or RPC characters, they come across as nice to have but are hardly used. They require specific use cases, and for that we avoid them.

Thank you for your advice, we will consider to add this variety.

Yeah, you are right, Sumer is coming, more" beach characters" required!

Good advice! We will consider to optimize this variety as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.

1 Like

:joy: We will provide more characters, please stay tuned!

Good morning
I am specialize in water parks and I wanted to tell you that there is a severe lack of fixed and mobile characters in swimsuits. I have been a Lumion user since the beginning and would like to be able to fully upgrade to D5. Unfortunately the lack of people in swimsuits really slows down my software change. I saw while browsing the forum that requests have been made for at least 2 years but still without any positive response. Apparently several requests have already been made on this subject but without result. Thanks

1 Like