Casa LI | Architecture Project

Theme: Rediential
Artist: Daniel Morato
Graphics Card: RTX 2080ti
Workflow: Revit + D5 Render + Photoshop
Brief description of post-processing: Camera Raw
Whether the model is original: Original
Model source: Daniel Morato

Description of the work: Some new project we are working on 2023. Waiting patiently for D5 2.4 !

13 Likes

Grande dnmorato.
Illuminazione molto bella. Mi piacerebbe ottenere lo stesso risultato. Sono impaziente di vedere le news della versione 2.4!

2 Likes

Very delicate rendering! 2.4 will be released this month.

2 Likes

Very smooth, glad to see works like yours, it keeps me motivated :wink:

@Oliver.J , any tips to reduce the straight line effect on the edge of the stone wall?

1 Like

Hi mate, maybe try turn on Round Corner for that material and adjust the Radius, otherwise there is no way as far as I know, unless you can edit that model in modeling software…

i’ll try a PS stamp to recreate the bump on the edge. Might work, might not :smiley:

hello all! As far as I’ve tested out, round corners don’t go so well with parallax displacement. Since I’ve being working hard to model everything in Revit, the only solution would be to be very gentle with displacements.

If I would do it in MAX, problably I’d apply a rayfire modifier to create those stones easily.

1 Like

Hi Oliver, the round corner is a good quick fix, however for ultimate realism like others I have seen and requested on the forum is real geometry displacement and not parallax (which is currently implemented).

I do a lot of renders with bricks and real geometry displacement would massively improve the realism of bricks and rock textures which currently have sharp corners.

Hopefully it will be implemented soon which would bring d5 to the next level!

Thanks

3 Likes