Canyon house

Hello D5ers :slight_smile: , here is my recent personal project it’s called canyon house
I hope you like it
Softwares : 3dsmax/blender/sketchup/d5 render/lightroom/premier for the animation

Here is the animation

22 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE ! so nice

1 Like

Hello Anas Kamel Shinati
It can be seen that you have made a study of this work, especially the essential elegance of the geometric form immersed in this desert landscape.
You played with the strong color of the house, I really like it inspired by the colors a little from Mexican houses but I don’t know even a little from Africa, What can I say about the lighting environment, perfect.
Very good as always. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you , yes it is inspired by maxican house colors.
It’s like you’ve read the description of the project.
Here is it.
Canyon house is a project that reflects contrast , a contrast between the sky and the clay colored reddish building , a contrast between the blue pool , desert yellow sands and dry bushes and a contrast between the civil and country calm life.
The form is clean and minimal , it can blend and dominate the scene with it’s color at the same time
materials are simple ,a hand applied plaster brushed with a reddish clay color , concrete slabs , concrete pool ,hand painted with blue waterproof paint and the furniture are all handmade so it can represent the simple country life.

1 Like

No doubt you have a great sensitivity, but also a strong passion for this work, you painted something I saw in Ricardo Bofill’s La Muralla Roja.
The architectural inspiration given by the great masters help us bring out the passion within us. the beauty of simplicity, as you said ‘Between blue sky is clayey red earth’, so for me it is a painting of nature.

1 Like

La Muralla Roja was really my inspiration in this project, and I’m glad you got that feeling once you saw the project :pray:

1 Like

I graduated in architecture 35 years ago I traveled I didn’t see much, and I tell you that every time I have seen a shape, even a trivial one I have seen something beautiful in it has a certain meaning if it was ugly for others too. I have like the Stendhal syndrome, but I’m not sick, but I feel the fascination of why that shape can give a permanent historical meaning

1 Like

First of all. Great job, the vibe and the details of this “simple” project are delicious.

Im gonna follow all of your job to improve mine!

( if possible can you explain how you did to make the “red” from the walls apear suddently on floor, make it imperfect but realistic? )

thank u! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you , i made custom decals with photoshop brush , took the wall color values from d5 then used it in photoshop to match the wall color then you can adjust that color later in d5 if there is a slight difference.
I’m glad you liked the work
Btw i believe rebus farm is gonna release an article about the making of this project , keep visiting the making of page in rebus farm website to check if they posted it

1 Like

These are the best exterior renders I have seen so far, well done!

The only let down for me, which isn’t to do with you, is the pool water. This is something that I hope the D5 team improves very soon as it’s one of the only features that doesn’t look realistic in most cases even with the new caustics effect.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback

1 Like

Agree , water still have problems especially if you take a top down shot it ripples allot and it doesn’t look nice.
btw already gave them that note plus the displacement needs too much work

Thanks for the advice.

take a look here

2 Likes