Better scattering tool

Please improve the scattering tool inside D5, it is very limited right now…

Thanks for your suggestion. Could you please tell me what parameters or settings you want for the scattering tool in detail?

2 Likes

We use this tool a lot in SketchUp. It would be nice to have these sorts of functions with D5 Assets or have a proxy setting that would allow for skatter to take place in the Design Tool and carry over into D5 with the correct assets.

4 Likes

Hello, it will be improved in the coming 2.4 version.

2 Likes

I have difficulty selecting an already made scatter. Sometimes it’s difficult to erase some parts with the eraser tool. Lidale’s Skatter plugin for sketchup is a great enhancement reference for D5 Render’s Scatter tool.

There could be an option to change the Scatter asset after it’s done.

1 Like

it would be very nice to be able to edit the density of placed objects after the scatter tool has been applied. Something similar to twinmotion where you can first set the area or material to scatter or brush any objetct and after that you can always add, remove, change other objects, density value, age of the trees, random scale variation, etc. Right now you havve to do all of that before you scatter something and if you messed up have to do it again.

Plus, as IsraelFPereira said, sometimes it is difficult to select a scatter

1 Like

I agree, a way to update the parameters and it rescatters automatically instead of having to start again would be much better. I would like an option to clump similar/ the same types of assets together, maybe in twos or three’s which would mean i dont need to manually populate flowerbeds.

Hi there, i’m interested to let a try at D5 render engine in my studio workflow, at evidence, tool like forest for 3ds max or geonode scatter system in blender are necessary to fine tune vegetations and other things. hope this will inspire you to devellop your tool
Here link of the like-tool : https://www.geoscatter.com