Archicad Import

Hi to All,

I wanted to know if there is a way to import an archicad file without having the object in a single block but divided by materials or layers? a bit like twinmotion.

regards

Hi, just take the object and isolate it in 3D in Archicad then save it in .skp then import it into D5, that is, synchronize your work without the object then import it into D5, there is a small icon at the top left of the program window where import it, at the end you can put it wherever you want in the project you loaded. The object behaves like the D5 objects, you can move it, zoom in and rotate it.
I hope I was clear sorry for the English

It’s not really what I want. I may have expressed myself wrongly.
The idea is when I import my project from archicad I can’t hide element in D5. I have to sync the 3D from archicad without the element. Isn’t there a way to do it directly from D5?
In the same concept, D5 objects are not editable like deleting the cushions of a bed…
Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

HI.
You have to use Archicad layers and synchronize it, I have already talked about this topic with other colleagues. So if you have your own project, you make some changes, just put the old one on the layers, so you can insert the new one, switching off the old with the new one always also on the layers. ES: You have a classic bed on the old one and you want to replace it with a modern one, just do what I said before. You will therefore be able to modify everything you want, but always with objects from the Archicad program, without renaming the files, even the D5 files, and you will have both synchronization, forever with the two files, and also an advantage of space on the PC disk.
I hope this is what you wanted to know
If this is not the case, then if you want to operate directly with D5, the Layers are there too, and they work in the same way. But you know that D5 is a rendering program only, it cannot do what Archicad does on three-dimensional design. :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face: