A request and question about trees and plants

I have noticed that the tree and plant assets seemed to not have been all created in the same way.

Some trees appear to have translucent leaves, which gives them more realism than the trees/plants with opaque leaves, especially when seen against the sun:

Other trees appear to have leaves that are not translucent when viewed with the sun behind them:

And here is a comparison of translucent (left) vegetation vs non translucent (right) vegetation:

With the sun behind both plants, one can see that the plant on the right looks oddly uncanny.

1. Are my observations correct and as a request I am wondering if the D5 Render team can label what trees have the translucency attribute vs those that do not? This is particularly good to know when a tree is viewed close up and with the sun behind it. Of course I can do this on my own but only after viewing every single tree, bush and plant.

2. I assume a tree with “HD” means a High Definition attribute tree or plant?

Thank you.

Hello,

1. Some assets do not have double-sided leaves (foliage material) because they were made before D5 1.9 version, in which we added Foliage material. I consulted D5 Works team and they told me we have the plan to upgrade those plants, and make all of them have translucent effect.
    2.Yes, HD means High Definition. They are more detailed than normal models.

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver, that’s great news.

If this isn’t an issue that will be addressed soon, would the team consider identifying what trees do not have translucent leaves until all trees are made to have double sided leaves?

Also I thought the team might leave some trees to not be double sided to be used in scenes where they aren’t viewed close up, as a way to keep their sizes smaller. I’m not sure how much the translucent leaves increase the size of an asset.

Hello, I think the size difference is not very big or obvious. We have a category called low-poly tree for those trees(which are not very detailed, but can be used for distant view).