A lot of stuff

Unlike many here in the forum and around the net, I use the software for work, not to post images on social and get likes. So mine is a very sustained workflow and the needs are many. I obviously use the paid version, so the expectations are from paid software.
I refer to PRO version 2.4.3 (maybe some things will have changed with version 2.5 but as it is suggested by yourself, being in the middle of a project I have not updated the software).
The list is in no particular order because I was marking things as I encountered difficulties.
At the end some of my considerations.

ASSETS:

• as already reported, you need different types of tents as well in addition to the standard ones (and that they don’t move)
  • you need to add other types of shoes (sneakers, regular shoes…) , not just a pair of dress shoes
  • normal stack of plates (no plate put upright that no one has ever seen!)
  • a very normal roll of toilet paper
  • the names of many objects need to be revised, in climbing plants there is “clemantis florida” and then a number, but the assets are very different, some are spread out on a plane, some made into a column, some into a bush, so it would be enough if in the name of the object instead of a number (which serves no purpose) there was a description (column, flat, wall etc)
  • there are thousands of outdoor plants but very few indoor potted plants
  • there are no common plants like lavender, rosemary, etc.
  • asset sizes are often incorrect, there are hedges as small as blades of grass, fruit trees as big as redwoods
  • need a “show last” command because when you hide something and then select another object you can’t make it visible again
  • of the flower beds instead of putting the number, better to put the size (as in many other assets)
  • assets that involve lights (chandeliers, floor lamps etc) would need to have a light intensity and temperature selector because it is absurd and very complicated to have to try to retrieve the filament light material and change it manually
  • in general in interior furniture there are completely absent styles that are currently going a lot, such as japandi, Nordic style, minimalist style, boho chic, Mediterranean style… there are almost exclusively tacky oriental luxury style furniture

MATERIALS:

• curtain materials should be able to be changed at will like any other material, instead you can only choose from those listed
  • the quality of many materials is not good, I almost always preferred to buy the texture from Poliigon

GENERAL:

• in general there is a lot of confusion among the categories and more subcategories would be needed, finding what you need takes too much time. (For example, some outdoor tiles are placed in “floors” and others placed in “exterior”, some lights are not in the “Lights” category but in the “exterior” category)
  • need the ability to see favorites INSIDE each category, and not just the list of ALL favorites
  • it would be desirable for the program windows to open each time with the same position and size in which it was last opened
  • in the “fly” mode the height above the ground should be calculated from the first flat surface below, otherwise in a multi-story building it would always result in an incorrect height
  • when setting a particular resolution for the render I would prefer to see the final shot instead of seeing two light gray bands cutting the image, because they do not make me perfectly understand the final result
  • moving with keyboard keys is exhausting, I don’t understand why you can’t enable the use of tools like SpaceMouse that many professionals have for all 3D programs
  • the camera movement speed set to 1 is still too much for those who are doing interior renders

My general thought is that you’re definitely doing a good job with the updates, but on the one hand you’re focusing mostly on exterior renders and on the other hand you’re making updates of unnecessary things and far more important problems or improvements are being left behind instead. Work speed and workflow almost always are more important than having new features. I think you could get better results and make the software truly professional just by taking away the free version and being able to have more revenue.

Thank for your detailed suggestions, some of them are quite interesting and constructive, we will keep improving the D5 assest.

Sorry, I forgot an annoying problem.
I don’t know if the problem is uniquely mine, but from the Chrome browser the forum is completely blocked: the home page (or any other page) opens but you can’t scroll down.
The strange thing is that the only section that gives problems is just the forum.
I use a Windows PC and Chrome is updated to the latest version (116.0.5845.97 Official 64-bit Build)

Thank you for your feedback, we will check it. Are you sure the browser is ok with other sites?

No other site has ever given me this kind of problem.

I only use Chrome but dont have this problem myself