What’s new in D5 Render 2.7

Very cool update.
Have an issue and question.

1. Issue. When press ctrl+H for hiding object new grid from scatter appears and disappears, like I click button in scatter instrument.

2. Question. How can I save or duplicate scatter. Or do preset to move to another project or on same project. I want to create new scatter but with some changes.

The significant improvement in rendering speed appears largely in favor of video and less in favor of images
It would have been better to improve the images further

image 2k from 50 sec to 43 sec time rendring…video from 3 min to 1 !!!

Hello everyone
Does anyone know how to divide an area with the scatter area manager to create different sub areas as stated in the news section?
I attach an image where it explains it, but I don’t know where to click on divide

thank you for the great update.
I have tested many features today,

• the new walking animation is excellent, much much better than before,
  • AI atmosphere match is much more accurate now,
  • the new grass material is really great.
  • the new volumetric light was much needed and much better than before.
  • the frame generation is oddly great, 2x better performance for me.
  • light type switch is better than I expected. I always needed that,
  • added video templates are weird, but I like how they added something that I could never think of, but now I will probably use a lot. this can be fun.
  • the viewport navigation optimization is a typical “quality of life improvement” which no one asked for, but everyone would appreciate.
  • new local asset library tools are great for freaks like me who like everything clean.
  • new walk mode can walk through narrow areas which I needed a lot honestly.

all and all, an amazing update as suspected.

now, I didn’t like you didn’t add any starter credit for text to object, but I appreciate the recommended part, would’ve been better if could already download and use the recommendations as well.

one suggestion: you name every workflow plugin as “Latest” which is not really typical. as you never know when new update arrives.

Type Currently Unsupported

there are two kinds of D5 scatter presets: Content (flower icon) and Global (the other icon, i think it’s house and a lawn or something)

• when you want to use a global, you just select it in asset library and deploy.
  • when you want to use a content, first you create new scatter using x, then you press the flower icon and choose the content preset.

if you try to use them the other way around, it says “Type Currently Unsupported.”

1 Like

Does anyone know how to divide an area with the scatter area manager to create different sub areas as stated in the news section?

Hi. the Division is based on image. when you select on area on the scatter area list (whether the area, or sub area) there is an option beneath where you can use a custom image or use on of the presets. D5 uses the image to divide areas based on color. you can even choose how many areas you want (it depends on number of colors in the map you choosing, i.e. you cannot divide it to 5 area if you have 3 colors on your map)

there are plenty of designs in presets, and you can also use photoshop to make your own design. for example you use your exterior plan and photoshop and use different areas for different kind of assets.

here is a test I made in photoshop:

as you can see there are four colors and I can assign different sets of shrubs and grass to each of these colors.

2 Likes

thank you very much for your answer.
In fact I wanted to know how make this subareas for practice with my own scatters maps.

One of the work that I am doing is create a render of any area in the top view and in photoshop create a colors map for this area.
after I can apply this map in the scatter and work specific areas that I want.
I belive that is a powerful tool and I am enjoing a lot.

Again thanks for your time and best regards from Spain.

1 Like

At the moment, I cannot see the advantage of this approach.

Isn’t it easier and quicker to design the different areas in the modelling software?

1 Like

it depends, it may be easier in some cases, but imagine you have a huge area and your system is not the strongest. you can just plan everything in autocad, the bring it to photoshop and do the coloring, and lastly, let D5 do its magic.

I know I don’t have a huge project right now, but even that, the fact that there are presets I can choose is calming. these presets are created by D5 excellent exterior architects and you can trust them. also, the fact the randomization has better purpose now, makes your visuals feel better. let me show you an example:

just look at this material ID. look at diversity of the plants.

this is better than the fill option we had before. much better.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed explanations.
I will look into the subject in more detail.
I hope to see a tutorial on this topic from the D5 team soon.

Bye
Andreas

2 Likes

i don’t know if my workflow be the best option.

before d5 render I used to use itoo software for vegetation scatter, but from D5 render is the best option for me to do this part of my work.

If I don´t use the subarea option, I think that the unique way to have more control for the scatter is painter manually the vegetation(as I usally before of scatter tool) or in my case in 3ds Max subdivide the mesh depend the use that I want apply in my scenes.

so I am sure that made a color map to create different subareas to assignt the vegetation is a fast way to have control in my scatter distribution.

maybe exists another way to do this, but now with this new tool and his configurations and options for me is more friendly

thanks for your comment, becouse is good to know another point of view about the workflows with D5 render.

Best regards from Spain.

1 Like

Great improvements, the lighting section really allows you to create incredible images. Besides the addition of new languages show the interest to reach more people. Excellent update.

hey there are 2 bug found after the hotfix 2.7 … 1) cannot pick material correctly it was working perfectly before. 2) when rendering… the approx time is showing different like 8 mins for a test render and renders in 30 secs