What’s new in D5 Render 2.6

the walk mode is only one more way to move in the scene.
when you have activate this mode you will see that the hight of the camera move it to 1.65cm.
also you can see that with this mode that is imposible to move through objects.
with this mode you can made a real tour in the video editor and you will be sure to made a real path with your camera, like if you really “walk” for the house.

I hope my answer help you.

1 Like

You Guys excelled at this update !! WOWW I LOVE IT

Thank you very much for your clarification. Sounds great. I was hoping it was also a natural walk. Like, the camera moves up and down a little bit, instead of linear forward and backward. Still a good feature tho. Thank you!

Is anyone experiencing problems with vertical video aspect ratios not being supported in the D5 2.6 update?

Hi Guys, it is good to have 3ds max live sync to D5 render. however since editing light in D5 sometimes is difficult, is there a way for putting light and edit those light (color, intensity, etc) directly inside 3ds max? (for example, D5 can read 3ds max native lights objects or emmisive) is it possible?

Thanks!

Hello! In version 2.6, we have made some adjustments to the camera ratio editing. The feature is still there, but you now need to enter render mode first and then adjust the camera’s ratio in the left menu bar, instead of just clicking on Advanced Camera to keep the original ratio.

Hello! The latest 3D MAX plugin supports sending lights from 3D Max to D5, you can try it.

sorry if im being lazy, but may i ask is all 3ds max default lights are supported? what about vray light?

also can we replace an instance in 3ds max with D5 assets?

let say I do an array of box as instance in 3ds max, and then in D5 if i replace 1 instance to TREE asset and the rest of the instance are also replaced?

thanks so much!

How did you download the updated?

Hello! Standard/Corona/VRay/Arnold lights are all supported to send to D5. You can replace an instance in 3ds max with D5 assets, if you are exporting in groups, then all objects should be able to be replaced individually.

You can download it from our official website.

Hi
I’m also experiencing trouble. Can someone please clarify the remedy. Thank you

Sorry rlating to aspect ratio.

Hello! We’ve retained this feature in the new version, but it’s not used in the same way as before. Instead of retaining the Advanced Camera scale directly, you now need to go into Render Mode and then use the left menu to change the viewport is scale.

Very nice update, with lots of useful features.
I am quite happy with the materials in FBX, because D5 does not support Blender 4… yet.
No problem with FBX.
Thank you D5 team!

It is downloaded , what happened with you?
Did you download it?

Hi Luna, I would like to ask, based on your description that we can replaced 3dsmax “exported models in groups” into D5 assets, i tried but with no success, can please guide me through?

this is the example scene i made to get better understanding of what i would like to achieve:

• the teapot is a 3dmodel to be synced,

• the 5 boxes are instanced objects (they are made with array modifier with random Z scale).

after i sync my MAX with D5, the scene inside D5 only contains 1 object (as it normally be)

how do i replaced these grouped instances into asset in D5? and if i modify the array in 3dsmax, is the replaced asset automatically sync-ed?

thanks!

What I mean is that when exporting a model from 3d max to d5a you can keep its group structure. So you can select each individual model in D5 and replace them.

Thank you. Yesterday, I updated to version 2.7. Due to this message, I am unable to use D5.

What should I do?

Your driver version is too old, please update the driver.