Mol 3D not supported

Hey guys, I am working with MoI 3D. It´s a NURBS programm and uses .3dm files aswell. Once I have seen someone loading 3dm files, but I can´t find the video anymore.
I can import the 3dm file, but I can´t see the object in d5…
I got a screenshot, but even better, a short video, here is the link:

Can you help me please?
Thank you very much,

Koi

Hello, from the video, the file format is not “real” 3dm, but Mol 3D Model. Can you send us a sample file for testing? Also, can it be opened in Rhino?

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
thanks for answering!

Sure, here is the file:
v2.zip (33.8 KB)

Yes, I can open the file with rhino. But I don´t have a licence, so I can´t save or “save as” the file…

Hi philip1, to help other users who may meet the same problem, I would make a summary and post here, hope you do not mind, thanks~

In this case, the 3dm file is not created in Rhino, and the current version of D5 Render cannot read its structure. Therefore, if you can use Rhino to open this file and run D5 Converter for Rhino, then you can sync this file into D5 Render with no problem.

Otherwise, you may need to try the feature like “explode” or “subdivide” ( sorry, we do not know whether there is this kind of feature in Mol 3D or how it is called. If we can simplify its structure, then D5 Render may be able to open the 3dm file. Or we may not support Mol 3D, and will do it in the future.

Hi Oliver,
thanks for your answer!

I tried to open the file in d5 in every way, like exploded, as one solid,… but you can´t see the file. I will use rhino as a bridge:)

This would be great! MoI 3D is a great nurbs programm!

Thanks again,

Philip

Hey guys, I am working with MoI 3D. It´s a NURBS programm and uses .3dm files aswell. Once I have seen someone loading 3dm files, but I can´t find the video anymore.
I can import the 3dm file, but I can´t see the object in d5…
I got a screenshot, but even better, a short video, here is the link:

(D5 Render: Problem with .3dm file - YouTube)

Can you help me please?
Thank you very much,

Koi

Here is the file:
v2.zip (33.8 KB)

I can open it with rhino.